Museum Field Trip

Last week, my grade went to the Raleigh Museum of Natural Sciences for a field trip. There were a lot of interesting things about animals to learn. There were 4 whole floors! Each floor had something new and interesting to learn about. One floor had an entire whale skeleton! There was also an exhibit on bugs, dinosaurs, gemstones, weather, and sea life. When we were in the sea exhibit, I was watching some shrimp in the corner of the tank when I saw one just fall over and die. It was pretty sad. Then the other shrimp circled around the dead one and I think they were eating it.

Up in the weather part of the exhibit, there was a little room off to the side with a bunch of cool 3D-printed stuff. There were interlocking 3D bits that moved and flexed, and there were things like never-ending puzzles. Ther was also a really cool large, multiple-piece dinosaur skull that was bright orange. All of it was really cool to look at and explore.

There were also multiple spaces where  you could watch people working at their job. I felt a little bad for them because they were constantly being watched. Among those viewing areas was an actual animal hospital where you could watch them perform surgery!

Another great exhibit was the exhibit on race. It had a lot of different posters explaining and showing how and why race was made up, and ways the race affects people’s life. It was really interesting and fun to learn about and I greatly appreciated the experience.